Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Marguerite_Xenopoulos
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.ca/citations?hl=en&user=uu772-kAAAAJ
81. Frost, P.C., C. Prater, A.B. Scott, K. Song, and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2019. Mobility and bioavailability of sediment phosphorus in urban stormwater ponds. Water Resources Research. (DOI: 10.1029/2018WR023419).
80. Fasching, C., H.F. Wilson, S.C. D’Amario and M.A. Xenopoulos. Natural land cover in agricultural catchments alters flood effects on DOM composition and decreases nutrient levels in streams. Ecosystems. (DOI: 10.1007/s10021-019-00354-0).
79. D’Amario, S.C., D.C. Rearick, C. Fasching, S. Kembel, E. Porter-Goff, D. Spooner, C.J. Williams, H.F. Wilson and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2019. The prevalence of non-linearity and detection of ecological thresholds across a land use gradient. Scientific Reports. Scientific Reports 9: 3878 (DOI: 10.1038/s41598-019-40349-4).
78. Xenopoulos, M.A. 2019. Editorial: Long-term studies in limnology and oceanography. Limnology and Oceanography 64: S1 (DOI: 10.1002/lno.11112).
77. Tiegs, S.D., D. Costello, M. Isken, G. Woodward et al. (152 co-authors) including M.A. Xenopoulos. 2019. Global patterns and drivers of ecosystem functioning in rivers and riparian zones. Science Advances 5: eaav0486 (DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aav0486).
76. Martin, J., P.C. Frost, H. Hintelmann, K. Newman, M. Paterson, L. Hayhurst, M. Rennie, M.A. Xenopoulos, V. Yargeau, and C.D. Metcalfe. 2018. Accumulation of silver in yellow perch (Perca flavescens) and northern pike (Esox lucius) from a lake dosed with nanosilver. Environmental Science and Technology 52: 11114−11122.
75. Rearick, D.C., L. Telgmann, H. Hintelmann, P.C. Frost and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2018. Spatial and temporal trends in the fate of silver nanoparticles in a whole-lake addition study. PLoS One 13(8): e0201412.
74. Kaushal, S.J., A.J. Gold, S. Bernal, T.A. Newcomer Johnson, K. Addy, A. Burgin, D. Burns, A. Coble, E. Hood, Y. Lu, P. Mayer, E.C. Minor, A. Schroth, P.G. Vidon, H.F. Wilson, M.A. Xenopoulos, T. Doody, J. Galella, P. Goodling, K. Haviland, S. Haq, B. Wessel, K. Wood, N. Jaworski, and K.T. Belt. 2018. Watershed 'chemical cocktail' concept: Redefining chemical transport in the Anthropocene. Biogeochemistry 141: 281-305.
73. Talbot, C.J., E. Bennett, K. Cassel, D. Hanes, E.C. Minor, H. Paerl, P.A. Raymond, R. Vargas, P.G. Vidon, W. Wollheim, and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2018. The impact of flooding on aquatic ecosystem services. Biogeochemistry 141: 439-461. 10.1007/s10533-018-0449-7
72. Lee, K.Y., L. Graham, D.E. Spooner and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2018. Tracing anthropogenic inputs in stream food webs with stable carbon and nitrogen isotope systematics along an agricultural gradient. PLoS One 13(7): e0200312.
71. Conine, A.L., D.C. Rearick, M. Paterson, M.A. Xenopoulos and P.C. Frost. 2018. A silver nanoparticle addition has no long-term effects on natural phytoplankton community dynamics in a boreal lake. Limnology and Oceanography Letters 3: 311-319. DOI: 10.1002/lol2.10071
70. Conine, A.L., D.C. Rearick, M.A. Xenopoulos and P.C. Frost. 2017. Variable silver nanoparticle toxicity to Daphnia in boreal lake. Aquatic Toxicology 192: 1-6.
69. Xenopoulos, M.A., J.A. Downing, M.D. Kumar, S. Menden-Deuer and M. Voss. 2017. Headwaters to oceans: ecological contrasts across the aquatic continuum. Limnology and Oceanography 62: S3-S14.
68. Prater, C., P.C. Frost, E.T. Howell, S. B. Watson, A. Zastepa, S.S.E. King, R.J. Vogt and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2017. Patterns in C:N:P stoichiometry across the Lake Erie watershed from tributaries to its outflow. Limnology and Oceanography 62: S194-S206.
67. Vincent, J.L., M.J. Paterson, B.C. Norman, E.P Gray, J.F. Ranville, A.B. Scott, P.C. Frost and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2017. Chronic and pulse exposure effects of silver nanoparticles on natural lake phytoplankton and zooplankton. Ecotoxicology 26: 502-515.
66. Vanni, M.J., P.B. McIntyre, D.L. Arnott, J.P. Benstead, D.J. Berg, Å. Brabrand, S. Brosse, P. A. Bukaveckas, A. Caliman, K.A. Capps, L.S. Carneiro, N.E. Chadwick, A.D. Christian, A. Clarke, J.D. Conroy, W.F. Cross, D.A. Culver, C.M. Dalton, J.A. Devine, L.M. Domine, M.A. Evans-White, B. Faafeng, A.S. Flecker, K.B. Gido, C. Godinot, R. Guariento, S. Haertel-Borer, R.O. Hall, R. Henry, B.R. Herwig, B.J. Hicks, K.A. Higgins, J.M. Hood, M.E. Hopton, T. Ikeda, W.F. James, H.M. Jansen, C.R. Johnson, B.J. Koch, G.A. Lamberti, S. Lessard-Pilon, J.C. Maerz, M.E. Mather, R.A. McManamay, J.R. Milanovich, D.K.J. Morgan, J.M. Moslemi, R. Naddafi, J. Petter Nilssen, M. Pagano, A. Pilati, D.M. Post, M. Roopin, A.T. Rugenski, M.H. Schaus, J. Shostell, G.E. Small, C.T. Solomon, S.C. Sterrett, Ø. Strand, M. Tarvainen, J.M. Taylor, L.E. Torres-Gerald, C.B. Turner, J. Urabe, S.-I. Uye, A.-M. Ventelä, S. Villéger, M.R. Whiles, F.M. Wilhelm, H.F. Wilson, M.A. Xenopoulos, and K.D. Zimmer. 2017. A global database of nitrogen and phosphorus excretion rates of aquatic animals. Ecology 98: 1475. DOI: 10.1002/ecy.1792.
65. Song, K., Winters, C., M.A. Xenopoulos, J. Marsalek and P.C. Frost. 2017. Phosphorus cycling in urban aquatic ecosystems: Connecting biological processes and water chemistry to sediment P fractions in urban stormwater ponds. Biogeochemistry 132: 203-212.
64. Hampton, S.E., A.W.E. Galloway, S.M. Powers, T. Ozersky, K. H. Woo, R.D. Batt, S.G. Labou, C.M. O’Reilly, S. Sharma, N. R. Lottig, E.H. Stanley, R.L. North, J.D. Stockwell, R. Adrian, G.A. Weyhenmeyer, L. Arvola, H.M. Baulch, I. Bertani, L.L. Bowman, Jr., C.C. Carey, J. Catalan, W. Colom-Montero, L.M. Domine, M. Felip, I. Granados, C. Gries, H.-P. Grossart, J. Haberman, M. Haldna, B. Hayden, S.N. Higgins, J.C. Jolley, K.K. Kahilainen, E. Kaup, M.J. Kehoe, S. MacIntyre, A.W. Mackay, H.L. Mariash, R.M. McKay, B. Nixdorf, P. Nõges, T. Nõges, M. Palmer, D.C. Pierson, D.M. Post, M.J. Pruett, M. Rautio, J.S. Read, S.L. Roberts, J. Rücker, S. Sadro, E.A. Silow, D.E. Smith, R.W. Sterner, G.E.A. Swann, M.A. Timofeyev, M. Toro, M.R. Twiss, R.J. Vogt, S.B. Watson, E.J. Whiteford, and M.A. Xenopoulos. Ecology under ice. Ecology Letters 20: 98-111.
63. Chiandet, A.S. and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2016. Landscape and morphometric controls on water quality in stormwater management ponds. Urban Ecosystems 19: 1645-1663. 10.1007/s11252-016-0559-8
62. Blakelock, G.C., M.A. Xenopoulos, B.C. Norman, J.L. Vincent and P.C. Frost. 2016. Effects of silver nanoparticles on bacterioplankton in a boreal lake. Freshwater Biology 61: 2211-2220.
61. Vogt, R., P.C. Frost, S. Nienhuis, D. Woolnough and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2016. The dual synchronizing influences of precipitation and land use on stream properties in a rapidly urbanizing watershed. Ecosphere 7: e01427.
60. Buchkowski, R.W., C.J. Williams, J. Kelly, J.G.C. Veinot, and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2016. Nanosilver and nano zero-valent iron exposure affects nutrient exchange across the sediment-water interface of two stagnant streams. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 96: 83-89. DOI: 10.1007/s00128-015-1697-z
59. Williams, C.J., P.C. Frost, A.M. Morales-Williams, J.H. Larson, W.B. Richardson, A.S. Chiandet and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2016. Human activities cause distinct dissolved organic matter composition across freshwater ecosystems. Global Change Biology 22: 613-626.
58. D'Amario, S.C. and M.A. Xenopoulos. Linking dissolved carbon dioxide to dissolved organic matter quality in streams. Biogeochemistry 126: 99-114.
57. Frost, P.C., K. Song, J.M. Buttle, J. Marsalek, A. McDonald, M.A. Xenopoulos. 2015. Trace metal chemistry of sediments in urban stormwater ponds. Urban Ecosystems 18: 763-775.
56. Song, K., M.A. Xenopoulos, J. Marsalek and P.C. Frost. 2015. The fingerprints of urban nutrients: Dynamics of phosphorus speciation in water flowing through developed landscapes. Biogeochemistry 125: 1-10.
55. Furtado, L.M., B.C. Norman, M.A. Xenopoulos, P.C. Frost, C.D. Metcalfe and H. Hintelmann. 2015. Environmental fate of silver nanoparticles in boreal lake systems. Environmental Science and Technology 49: 8441-8450.DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.5b01116
54. Xenopoulos, M.A. and P.C. Frost. 2015. The dawn of a new era for the Experimental Lakes Area. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin 24: 85-87. DOI: 10.1002/lob.10053
53. Norman, B.C., M.A. Xenopoulos, D. Braun and P.C. Frost. 2015. Phosphorus availability alters the effects of silver nanoparticles on periphyton growth and stoichiometry. PLoS ONE 10: e0129328. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0129328.
52. Butman, D.E., H.F. Wilson, R.T. Barnes, M.A. Xenopoulos and P.A. Raymond. 2015. Increased mobilization of aged carbon to rivers by human disturbance. Nature Geoscience 8: 112-116.
51. Nadon, M.J., R.A. Metcalfe, C.J. Williams, K.M. Somers and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2015. Assessing the effects of dams and waterpower facilities on riverine dissolved organic matter composition. Hydrobiologia 744: 145-164.
50. Larson, J.H., P.C. Frost, M.A. Xenopoulos, C.J. Williams, A,M. Morales-Williams, J. Vallazza, J.C. Nelson and W.B. Richardson. 2014. Relationships between land cover and dissolved organic matter change along the river to lake transition. Ecosystems 17: 1413-1425
49. Furtado, L.M., E. Hoque, B.M. Cheever, D.F. Mitrano, J.F. Ranville, P.C. Frost, M.A. Xenopoulos, H. Hintelmann and C.D. Metcalfe. 2014. The persistence and transformation of silver nanoparticles in littoral lake mesocosms monitored using various analytical techniques. Environmental Chemistry 11: 419-430.
48. Das, P., C.D. Metcalfe and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2014. Interactive effects of silver nanoparticles and phosphorus on phytoplankton growth in natural waters. Environmental Science and Technology 48: 4573-4580.
47. Williams, C.J., J.E. Van Eindhoven, E. Theberge, and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2014. Effects of golf course facilities on stream function in anthropogenically impacted streams. Anthropocene 3: 51-60.
46. Wilson, H.F. and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2013. Diel changes of dissolved organic matter in streams of varying watershed land use. River Research and Applications. 29: 1330-1339. DOI: 10.1002/rra.2606.
45. McEnroe, N.A., C.J. Williams, M.A. Xenopoulos, P. Porcal, P.C. Frost. 2013. Distinct optical chemistry of dissolved organic matter in urban pond ecosystems. PLoS ONE 8: e80334. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0080334.
44. Williams, C.J., P.C. Frost and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2013. Beyond best management practices: Pelagic biogeochemical dynamics in urban stormwater ponds. Ecological Applications 23: 1384-1395.
43. Spooner, D.E., P.C. Frost, H. Hillebrand, M.T. Arts, O.P. Puckrin and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2013. Nutrient loading associated with agriculture land-use dampens the importance of consumer-mediated niche construction. Ecology Letters 16: 1115-1125.
42. Song, K., M.A. Xenopoulos, J.M. Buttle, J. Marsalek, N. Wagner, F.R. Pick and P.C. Frost. 2013. Short-term thermal stratification patterns in urban ponds and their relationships with vertical nutrient gradients. Journal of Environmental Management 127: 317-323.
41. Das, P., M.A. Xenopoulos and C.D. Metcalfe. 2013. Toxicity of silver and titanium dioxide nanoparticle suspensions to the aquatic invertebrate, Daphnia magna. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 91: 76-82.
40. Juckers, M., C.J. Williams and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2013. Land use effects on net resource flux and O2 demand in stream sediments. Freshwater Biology 58: 1405-1415.
39. McEnroe, N.A., J.M. Buttle, J. Marsalek, F.R. Pick, M.A. Xenopoulos and P.C. Frost. 2013. Thermal and chemical stratification of urban ponds: Are they â€˜completely mixed reactors'? Urban Ecosystems 16: 327-339.
38. Porter-Goff, E., P.C. Frost and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2013. Changes in riverine benthic diatom community structure along a chloride gradient. Ecological Indicators 32: 97-106.
37. Das, P., C.J. Williams, R.R. Fulthorpe, E. Hoque, C.D. Metcalfe and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2012. Changes in bacterial community structure after exposure to silver nanoparticles in natural waters. Environmental Science and Technology 46: 9120-9128.
36. Williams, C.J., A.B. Scott, H.F. Wilson and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2012. Effects of land use on water column bacterial activity and enzyme stoichiometry in stream ecosystems. Aquatic Sciences 74: 483-494.
35. Das, P., M.A. Xenopoulos, C.J., Williams, E. Hoque and C.D. Metcalfe. 2012. Effects of silver nanoparticles on bacterial activity in natural waters. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 31: 122-130.
34. White, M.S., M.A. Xenopoulos, R.A. Metcalfe and K.M. Somers. 2011. The ecological disturbance of water levels on the benthos. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 68: 1695-1704.
33. Hanafiah, M.M., M.A. Xenopoulos, S. Pfister, R.S.E.W. Leuven and M.A.J. Huijbregts. 2011. Characterization factors for water consumption and greenhouse gas emissions based on freshwater fish species extinction. Environmental Science and Technology 45: 5272-5278.
32. Spooner, D.E., M.A. Xenopoulos, C. Schneider and D.A. Woolnough. 2011. Co-extirpation of host-affiliate relationships in rivers: The role of climate change, water withdrawal, and host-specificity. Global Change Biology 17: 1720-1732.
31. Chiandet, A.S. and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2011. Landscape controls of seston stoichiometry in urban stormwater management ponds. Freshwater Biology 56: 519-529.
30. McFeeters, B.J., M.A. Xenopoulos, D.E. Spooner, N. D. Wagner and P.C. Frost. 2011. Intraspecific mass-scaling of metabolic rates of a freshwater crayfish varies with stream land cover. Ecosphere 2: Art 13.
29. Wilson, H.F. and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2011. Nutrient recycling by fish in streams along a gradient of agricultural land use. Global Change Biology 17: 130-139.
28. White, M.S., M.A. Xenopoulos, R.M. Metcalfe and K.M. Somers. 2010. On the role of natural water level fluctuations in structuring littoral benthic macroinvertebrates in lakes. Limnology and Oceanography 55: 2275-2284.
27. Williams, C.J., Y. Yamashita, H.F. Wilson, R. JaffÃ©, and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2010. Unraveling the role of land use and microbial activity in shaping dissolved organic matter in stream ecosystems. Limnology and Oceanography55: 1159-1171.
26. Evrard, V.E., K. Soetaert, C.H.R. Heip, M. Huettel, M.A. Xenopoulos and J.J. Middelburg. 2010. The pivotal role of benthic primary producers in moderating carbon and nitrogen flows through food webs in sediments. Marine Ecology Progress Series 416: 1-16.
25. Xenopoulos, M.A., P.R. Leavitt and D.W. Schindler. 2009. Ecosystem regulation of boreal lake phytoplankton by ultraviolet radiation. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 66: 2002-2010.
24. Wilson, H.F., and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2009. Effects of agricultural land use on the composition of fluvial dissolved organic matter. Nature Geoscience 2: 37-41.
23. Hogsden, K.L, M.A. Xenopoulos and J.A. Rusak. 2009. Asymmetrical food web responses in trophic level richness and function following lake acidification. Aquatic Ecology 43: 591-606.
22. White, M.S., M.A. Xenopoulos, K.L. Hogsden, R.A. Metcalfe and P.J. Dillon. 2008. Natural lake level fluctuations and associated concordance with water quality and aquatic communities within small lakes of the Laurentian Great Lakes. Hydrobiologia 613: 21-31. (special feature).
21. Wilson, H.F. and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2008. Ecosystem and seasonal control of stream dissolved organic carbon along a gradient of agricultural land use. Ecosystems 11: 555-568.
20. Wilson, H.F. and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2008. Comparing the effects of habitat quality on stream fish assemblages across multiple spatial scales. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 65: 245-257.
19. James, L.A.H., M.A. Xenopoulos, H.F. Wilson and P.C. Frost. 2007. Land use controls nutrient excretion by stream invertebrates along a gradient of agriculture. Journal of the North American Benthological Society 26: 523-531.
18. Xenopoulos, M.A. and D.M. Lodge. 2006. Going with the flow: using species-discharge relationships to forecast losses in fish biodiversity. Ecology 87: 1907-1914.
17. Dobson, A., D. Lodge, J. Alder, G. Cumming, J. Keymer, J. McGlade, H. Mooney, J.A. Rusak, O. Sala, D. Wall, V. Wolters and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2006. Habitat loss, trophic collapse and the decline of ecosystem services. Ecology 87: 1915-1924.
16. Frost, P.C., J.P. Benstead, W.F. Cross, H. Hillebrand, J.H. Larson, M.A. Xenopoulos, and T. Yoshida. 2006. Threshold elemental ratios of carbon and phosphorus in aquatic consumers. Ecology Letters 9: 774-779 (featured in Faculty of 1000).
15. Xenopoulos, M.A., D.M. Lodge, J. Alcamo, M. MÃ¤rker, K. Schulze, and D.P. van Vuuren. 2005. Scenarios of freshwater fish extinctions from climate change and water withdrawal. Global Change Biology 11: 1557-1564.
14. Sala, O.E., D. van Vuuren, H. Pereira, D.M. Lodge, J. Alder, A. Dobson, G. Cumming, W. Volters and M.A.Xenopoulos. 2005. Biodiversity across scenarios, chapter 10, In Ecosystems and Human-Well-Being. Millennium Ecosystem Assessment, Volume 2: Scenarios, Island Press, Washington.
13. Kareiva, P., M. Manson, J. Geoghegan, B. L. Turner II, R. Dickinson, P. Kabat, J. Foley, R. Defries, M. Rosegrant, C. Ringler, V. Wolters, H. Pereira, O. Sala, D. Lodge, G. S. Cumming, A. Dobson, J. Alder, M. Xenopoulos, D. Van Vuuren, S. Carpenter, E. Bennett, A. M. Parma, M. A. Pascual, J. Agard, C. Butler, P. Wilkinson. 2005. State of the art in describing future changes in ecosystem services, Chapter 4. In Ecosystems and Human-Well-Being. Millennium Ecosystem Assessment, Volume 2: Scenarios, Island Press, Washington.
12. Tank, S.E., M.A. Xenopoulos and L.L. Hendzel. 2005. Effect of ultraviolet radiation on alkaline phosphatase activity and planktonic phosphorus acquisition in Canadian boreal shield lakes. Limnology and Oceanography 50: 1345-1351.
11. Frost, P.C., M.A. Xenopoulos and J.H. Larson. 2004. The stoichiometry of dissolved organic carbon, ammonia and phosphate release by Daphnia. Limnology and Oceanography 49: 1802-1808.
10. Xenopoulos, M.A., D.M. Lodge, J. Frentress, T.A. Kreps, S.D. Bridgham, E. Grossman and K.J. Jackson. 2003. Regional comparisons of landscape determinants of dissolved organic carbon in temperate lakes from the Upper Great Lakes region and selected regions globally. Limnology and Oceanography 48: 2321-2334.
9. Xenopoulos, M.A. and P.C. Frost. 2003. Ultraviolet radiation, phosphorus and their combined effects on the taxonomic composition of phytoplankton in a boreal lake. Journal of Phycology 39: 291-302.
8. Xenopoulos, M.A. and D.W. Schindler. 2003. Differential responses to UVR by bacterioplankton and phytoplankton taken from the surface and the base of the mixed layer. Freshwater Biology 48: 108-122.
7. Frost, P.C. and M.A. Xenopoulos. 2002. Ambient solar ultraviolet radiation and its effects on phosphorus flux into boreal lake phytoplankton communities. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 59: 1090-1095.
6. Xenopoulos, M.A., P.C. Frost, and J.J. Elser. 2002. Joint effects of ultraviolet radiation and phosphorus supply on phytoplankton growth rate and elemental composition. Ecology 83: 423-435.
5. Xenopoulos, M.A. and D.W. Schindler. 2001. The environmental control of near-surface thermoclines in boreal lakes. Ecosystems 4: 699-707.
4. Xenopoulos, M.A. and D.W. Schindler. 2001. Physical factors affecting UV flux into ecosystems. In Ecosystems, Evolution and Ultraviolet Radiation, C.S. Cockell and A.R. Blaustein, editors. pp. 36-62, Springer-Verlag, New York.
3. Xenopoulos, M.A., Y.T. Prairie and D.F. Bird. 2000. The influence of UVB, stratospheric ozone variability and thermal stratification on the phytoplankton biomass dynamics in a mesohumic lake. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 57: 600-609.
2. Xenopoulos, M.A. and D.F. Bird. 1997. Virus Ã la sauce Yo Pro: Microwave-enhanced staining for enumerating viruses by epifluorescence microscopy. Limnology and Oceanography 42: 1648-1650.
1. Xenopoulos, M.A. and D.F. Bird. 1997. Effect of acute exposure to hydrogen peroxide on the production of phytoplankton and bacterioplankton in a mesohumic lake. Photochemistry and Photobiology 66: 471-478.43: 591-606.
Bennett, E., S. Carpenter, P. Pingali, M. Zurek, and 89 others including M.A. Xenopoulos. 2005. Summary: Comparing alternate futures of ecosystem services and human well-being. In Ecosystems and Human-Well-Being. Millennium Ecosystem Assessment, Volume 2: Scenarios, Island Press, Washington.
Xenopoulos, M.A. 2001. Lake plants get sunburned too! University of Alberta, Environmental Research Studies Center. Environmental News. Vol. 1, Issue 1, p.1, 6.
2015-01-06: CJMB-FM EXTRA 90.5: Radio interview on Nature Geoscience study.
2014-11-10: RADIO-CANADA (CBC-TV): An update on the report on the closure of ELA as part of a series on "Harper's Canada" ("Le Canada de Stephen Harper") on CBC's Le TÃ©lÃ©journal (the french version of The National).
2014-11-13: IISD: An interview for the Lake Ecosystem Nanosilver Experiment.
2014-03-28: RADIO-CANADA (CBC TV): An interview about the imminent transfer of the ELA for Le TÃ©lÃ©journal Manitoba (the French version of The National).
2014-02-18: RADIO-CANADA (CBC Radio): Ontario morning news on DFO posted ELA legislation
2014-01-10: CJMB-FM EXTRA 90.5: Radio interview on funded NSERC strategic
2014-01-09: Magic 96.7 Peterborough: Radio interview on funded NSERC strategic
2013-12-29: RADIO-CANADA (CBC Radio): "Les AnnÃ©es LumiÃ¨res": a year in review and an update on our project at the Experimental Lakes Area.
2013-12-10: CHEX TV (CBC): A report on the Town Hall Meeting: "Getting Science Right", where I was a panel member.
2013-09-23: CJSR 88.5 FM TERRA INFORMA. A radio interview on the consequences of the ELA closure on our funded whole-lake experiment.
2013-10-23: TFO (Television Francaise Ontario). Short documentary on the ELA and the state of science funding to be broadcast September 2013 on the news show 360.
2013-09-23: RADIO-CANADA (CBC-TV): A report on the closure of ELA as part of a series on "Harper's Canada" ("Le Canada de Stephen Harper") on CBC's Le TÃ©lÃ©journal (the french version of The National).
2013-03-31: RADIO-CANADA (CBC Radio): "La clef dans le lac" a radio broadcast for the information show "Les AnnÃ©es LumiÃ¨res"
2013-03-19: RADIO-CANDA (CBC Radio): An interview on the radio on the Experimental Lakes Area for the news show "Pas de Midi sans Info".
2008-11-13: CHEX TV (CBC): An interview on my public lecture on the future of water on Peterborough's Newswatch (local news)
2015-10-26: WIRED: "Canada's New Government May Be a New Beginning for Science"
2015-FALL: WESTERN CANADA WATER MAGAZINE: "Experimental Lakes Area - the world-class freshwater resource you need for world-class wastewater engineering" (volume 67, issue 3)
2015-05-08: J-SOURCE: "Failing to create information"
2015-07-02: RESEARCH MATTERS: "Watershed finding"
2015-05-19: LET'S TALK STORY: "Concern over muzzling of scientists, focus of bargaining, protests"
2015-02-09: ARTHUR: "Lake Erie still a poster child for pollution problems finds Trent-led project"
2015-01-19- ARTHUR: "Trent professor helps find missing link in climate assessment".
2014-12-23- PETERBOROUGH EXAMINER: "Human disturbance to land releases "old carbon" into rivers."
2014-05-05 - INNOVATION.CA (CFI): "Tiny particles, big questions".
2014-Spring - COTTAGE LIFE: "Parsing the waters".
2014-01-20 - GLOBE AND MAIL: "Ontario proposal would let scientists resume Experimental Lakes Area work".
2014-01-20 - ARTHUR: "Get Science Right" Panel Shows How Gov't is Getting it Wrong"
2014-01-13 - ARTHUR: "Trent Science in Review: looking back at 2013"
2013-12-10 - PETERBOROUGH EXAMINER: "Panel of experts says government has been attacking science".
2013-12-09 - PETERBOROUGH EXAMINER: "Science Under Attack".
2013-08-31 - POSTMEDIA NEWS (WINDSOR STAR, MONTREAL GAZETTE, OTTAWA CITIZEN, CANADA.COM, etc):"Federal government, Ontario and think tank extend lifeline to freshwater research site"; also "Environmental Lakes facility gets lifeline".
2013-08-31 - NATURE: "Last minute reprieve for Canada's research lakes" (posted online August 31st, 2013, printed in September 5 2013 issue: Nature doi:10.1038/nature.2013.13660).
2013-06-06 - THE WALRUS: "TROUBLED WATERS: The Experimental Lakes project has influenced environmental policy around the world. So why would the Harper government abandon it?" (July 2013 issue)
2013-04-24 - NATURE: "Glimmer of hope for freshwater research site." Nature News (Hannah Hoag)
2013-04-09 - THE CATALYST: "Nanosilver experiment faces uncertain future"
2013-04-05 - NATURE: "Canada shutters research lakes facility" Nature News (Hannah Hoag)
2013-03-20 - CBC NEWS: "Biologist pleads with DFO to lift ELA summer science ban" Inside Politics (Kady O'Malley).
2013-03-20 - THE CANADIAN PRESS (TORONTO STAR, MacLeans, Global News, The Record, The Tyee, etc) "Scientists question conservative move to shutter freshwater research facility" also "Scientists decry lost freshwater research"
2013-03-20 - RADIO-CANADA (CBC NEWS): "Lacs expÃ©rimentaux : des Ã©tudes payÃ©es interrompues"
2013-03-20 - GLOBE AND MAIL: "Tories take heat in House on science policy, closing research station"
2013-03-19 - METRO: "Fin de l'accÃ¨s Ã la rÃ©gion des Lacs expÃ©rimentaux".
2013-03-16 - GLOBE AND MAIL: "As dismantling begins, shuttering of research station called a 'travesty'"
2012-11-14- ARTHUR: "Trent Research threatened by the closure of ELA"
2012-11-01- SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN: "Freshwater fish are dying at alarming rates" (November 2012 issue).
2012-11-01- ALTERNATIVES JOURNAL: "ELA alumni make a splash".
2012-10-01 -CANADIAN GEOGRAPHIC: "Field station woes" (October 2012 issue).
2012-06-18 - INNOVATION ANTHOLOGY: "World-renowned research facility closure threatens invaluable water studies"
2009-02-20 - Kawartha Lakes This Week: "Climate change: are we running out of time?"
2009-02-02 - WATER TREATMENT: "Today's downpour, tomorrow's crisis"
2009-01-01 - COUNTRY GUIDE AND ALBERTA FARMER EXPRESS: "Farms suspected to spur rivers' carbon output".
2008-12-27 - PETERBOROUGH EXAMINER: "Eco-farming may help rivers"
2008-12-22 - AGENCE FRANCE PRESSE (AFP; Paris) (e.g., Edmonton Journal, Taipei Times, Mother Nature Network, Yahoo News, France 24 News, AAJ TV Pakistan, Yahoo 7 News, Terra Daily, The Australian, Gulf Times): "Intensive, chemical-laden agriculture could trigger the release of carbon dioxide from river systems "
2008-12-22 - CANADIAN CATTLEMEN: "Agriculture rivers might release carbon dioxide"
2008-11-14 - PETERBOROUGH EXAMINER: "Trent experts ponder how to keep water safe"
2008-05-09 - PETERBOROUGH EXAMINER: "Trent Prof studying potential dangers of nanomaterials"